Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pgag str

Drop potential

18 posts in this topic

Okay, so i figured something out since alot of players sometimes go dry for a long time.

Lets give an exemple with abbysal demons, drop rate of whip is 1/512. If you go dry 100 kills (more or less) you get 1/100 chance of receiving a abyssal whip/wand/book or whatever it may be.

Same with other bosses but just add more or less kills depending on the boss/monster.

If you logout this will be removed and u will have to restart the process.

I do not really support this. It will generally just increase the amount of rares in the economy which is never something good.

Edited by SilverNova

I mean sure. But it wont make that huge of a deal. Not many people will sit and grind 100 rago kills for 1/100 chance of getting a drop without logging out.

46 minutes ago, pgag str said:

I mean sure. But it wont make that huge of a deal. Not many people will sit and grind 100 rago kills for 1/100 chance of getting a drop without logging out.

It applies to all items, meaning all rares. That also includes getting anything from a Brass Necklace from Hobgoblins, to Seismic Wand from Vorago.

Just now, SilverNova said:

It applies to all items, meaning all rares. That also includes getting anything from a Brass Necklace from Hobgoblins, to Seismic Wand from Vorago.

Yeah?

21 minutes ago, pgag str said:

Yeah?

What do you mean with "Yeah?"? It will increase ALL rares in the community, which is not good. If you dont get any items, just means that you're unlucky and need to work extra hard in order to get it. That's how it is, and that's how it should be.

Edited by SilverNova

58 minutes ago, pgag str said:

Yeah?

Unless you want 3/4 of the community to leave not long after starting, there should be some challenge involved. This way people will stay around for longer.

1 hour ago, Captain said:

Unless you want 3/4 of the community to leave not long after starting, there should be some challenge involved. This way people will stay around for longer.

There would still be challange, since i wrote more or less. Means it could be 500 kills aswell, but just something that makes it impossibe to go dry forever. Still, this was just a suggestion.

Just now, pgag str said:

There would still be challange, since i wrote more or less. Means it could be 500 kills aswell, but just something that makes it impossibe to go dry forever. Still, this was just a suggestion.

I believe it would be better to add some sort of PvM Shop that will contain items such as Dragon, Abyssal Whip, Ring of Wealth, etc. So even if you kill eg; 1000 Abyssal Demons and dont get any drop, you still wont go "dry", as you'll be capable of buying an item from the shop that has more or less an equal value, meaning all your work wont be for nothing.

Just now, SilverNova said:

I believe it would be better to add some sort of PvM Shop that will contain items such as Dragon, Abyssal Whip, Ring of Wealth, etc. So even if you kill eg; 1000 Abyssal Demons and dont get any drop, you still wont go "dry", as you'll be capable of buying an item from the shop that has more or less an equal value, meaning all your work wont be for nothing.

Thats exactly what im trying to do.

3 minutes ago, pgag str said:

Thats exactly what im trying to do.

In that case you should re-phrase your suggestion.

6 minutes ago, SilverNova said:

In that case you should re-phrase your suggestion.

Tbh, i dont see a reason becouse having a store would be just as op as drop potential.

Glad that this has been solved.

@Pax Please close/move this thread.

Edited by SilverNova

Hello,

Thank-you for your contriubation towards RuneRewind. Unfortunalty your suggestion has been declined due to it not meeting requirements/not being possible at the moment.

Regards,

The RuneRewind team